Dear Rooftop Clients,
We want to thank you for being loyal customers of Rooftop Chimney Sweeps for our 42 years of business. Today we are facing a challenge in the COVID-19 unlike any we have experienced in the history of our business.
Our business has always been built on putting the safety of our clients and employees first and foremost. That’s why we have implemented mandatory policies to protect our clients and employees as we continue to run our services.
Starting Friday, March 13, all Rooftop Chimney Sweeps employees will adhere to the following policies:
- Person to person physical contact at work is to be avoided whenever possible (shaking hands, hugs, etc)
- All field personnel have been supplied with appropriate disinfectant and paper towels and are required to wash their hands thoroughly at the beginning and end of every client appointment
- All technicians wear fresh sterile gloves at every appointment
- All technicians have been issued respirator masks which they will wear in client homes at client request
- All technicians use sheets that have been cleaned daily – we will not reuse sheets or tarps from different homes
- Any employee who shows symptoms or who has been in close contact with symptomatic people will be removed from work and follow self quarantine procedures in accordance with CDC guidelines before being allowed to return to work
- All non essential in person work will be minimized and all practical “work at home” options exercised
- All personnel have been asked to avoid large gatherings when off hours and take proper precautions to minimize risk of spreading the virus
- All personnel have been advised to avoid air travel and report any air travel before returning to work
- Rooftop has suspended all employee travel outside of basic operations and cancelled all non essential trips, including cancelling our participation in the 2020 National Chimney Sweep Guild Convention in Orlando in April; this was a difficult decision but it is the right thing to do
We understand that managing an extraordinary public health crisis is a fine balance of public health and protecting our most vulnerable populations, economic concerns, and individual freedoms, and are working hard to be part of the solution. We will continue to run our services and fulfill the appointments we have scheduled with you and your families for as long as we are able to do so safely and responsibly, with these new precautionary methods in place.
We thank all of our clients and friends for the extraordinary support they’ve continued to show during this challenging time. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions.
DC, MD, NOVA: (703) 836-7858
Richmond area: (804) 442-7546
Chesapeake area: (757) 523-2400
We look forward to safely serving you,
President of Rooftop Chimney Sweeps